Job Opening - Driver
The driver will be responsible for the safe transportation of special needs students to and from school as directed by the company.
They must pass all tests that clear them from a criminal background and drug and alcohol abuse, as well as a physical fitness exam.
They may be required to clear several written and practical exams regarding safe driving, student-driver relations, etc.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times through appropriate language, attitude, behavior, proper dress and personal hygiene.
- Maintain communication with the office and parent as changes to the planned schedule occur or adverse situations arise: i.e. delays, accidents, injuries, other traffic and transportation situations, etc.
- Conduct pre and post trip vehicle inspections.
- Refuel vehicle as needed.
- Keep vehicle interior/exterior clean.
- Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilation systems for passenger comfort.
- Report any vehicle malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Read maps, and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Comply with traffic laws and regulations in order to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Follow safety rules as students are boarding and exiting vehicles.
- Maintain order among students during trips in order to ensure safety.
- Attend mandated training as required and scheduled by the company.
- Maintain knowledge of first-aid, CPR and emergency procedures.
- Prepare and submit reports that may include the number of passengers on trips, hours worked, mileage, and fuel consumption.
Use the convenient, secure online application quickly and easily submit your application.
If you would prefer to print and complete your application, click the button below to print and complete your application. When your printed application is
completed please fax it to 440-580-2401, mail it in, or drop it off during regular business hours.
Suburban School Transportation
1289 Pearl Road Brunswick, OH 44212 | +1 440-580-2400