Safety Is What Drives Us
At Suburban School Transportation, safety is at the center of everything we do. From extensive driver screening and meticulous record keeping to state-of-the-art
tracking technology and on-site preventative vehicle maintenance, we place the safety of our students above all else.
We thoroughly vet our drivers before transporting students. Our drivers are required to meet stringent regulatory and company requirements as follows:
State Regulations & Mandatory Compliance
Additional Suburban Mandatory Compliance
- Valid Driver's License
- Driver Record Check (Quarterly BMV Reports)
- Satisfactory Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation (BCI&I) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Background Checks (completed on premises)
- T-8 physical
- Satisfactory Drug Screen
- Random Drug Screening
- Performance Evaluation and Reviews
- New Hire Mandatory Two Hour Orientation Training
- Pre-Service Training Certificates of Completion
- Submit Evidence of Training to Regional Pre-Service Instructor
- Annual 4 Hour In-Service Training
- Restraint Training
- Vehicle Lift Training
- Safe Student Loading and Unloading Training
- Emergency Procedure Training
- Persons With Disabilities Training
- Infection Control Procedures Training
Regulatory Compliance & Record-Keeping
The specific rules and regulations governing student transportation can be overwhelming. Can you be sure the company providing this service to your
students is in full compliance - and has the records to prove it? At Suburban School Transportation, we know the laws, we comply with the laws,
and the proof is in our record-keeping. We not only meet state and local regulations, but we go above and beyond these standards.
ODE SAFE Account
We make it easy for school districts to access and register our drivers through the Ohio Department
of Education's (ODE) Secure Application for Enterprise (SAFE) web portal. Every Suburban School
Transportation driver is Active and can be verified through school district's SAFE accounts,
saving time by streamlining compliance record-keeping.
What Can Suburban School Transportation Do For You?
Unlike other transportation companies, our student-focused philosophy aims to create the best possible experience for students, which in turn benefits parents, teachers, and school administrators.